Obituary of Valentinas RUTKAUSKAS
VALENTINAS ADOMAS RUTKAUSKAS Born January 1, 1926 in Lithuania, Valentinas passed away at his home in Winnipeg on June 27, 2008 comforted by his faith and the presence of family. Valentinas came to Canada in 1947 where he met Aldona his loving wife of 58 years. Together Valentinas and Aldona made a home for themselves and their six children; Irene (Brian), Roland (Gisela), Lucy (Walter), Arvy (Terry), Laima (Wayne) and Rasa. Valentinas is survived by sisters Aldona in Toronto and Stase in Cleveland as well as their families. Valentinas was very proud to be grandfather to Clayton (Trish), Andreas (Jessica), Rena (Cory), Daiva (Daxton), Linas, Danny, Riley and Kyle, and great grandfather to Maximus and Alexander. After his working years in Winnipeg's fur business, Valentinas enjoyed many years of healthy happy retirement. Fishing trips with friends and activities with his grandchildren were cherished events in his life. Valentinas was an active and respected member of the Lithuanian Community in Winnipeg, serving as Secretary of the Organization. He was one of the original builders of St Casimir's Lithuanian Roman Catholic Church. When St. Casimir's closed in 1999, Valentinas and Aldona joined Holy Ghost Church. The family wishes to acknowledge and thank the many health care workers, especially Alma and David who showed compassion and kindness in Valentinas' final days. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Thursday, July 3 at 10:00 a.m. at Holy Ghost Church, 341 Selkirk Avenue. Interment will follow at Chapel Lawn Memorial Gardens. An online book of condolences may be signed at www.cropo.com. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to CancerCare Manitoba. Mes labai labai Tave mylojom Ir mylesim Busi musu Mintyse ir sirdyse
A Memorial Tree was planted for Valentinas
We are deeply sorry for your loss ~ the staff at Cropo Funeral Home
Proudly Serving the Communities of Winnipeg, surrounding area, and the communities of Manitoba.
Who We Are:
Cropo Funeral Chapel was founded in 1957. We are an independent family-owned funeral service and cremation provider.