Facts About Funerals and COVID-19
Facts about Funerals and COVID-19
As of 03/01/2022
Cropo Funeral Chapel prioritizes the health and well-being of our staff and guests. We understand this is a fluid situation and are monitoring and evaluating developments of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
We believe that gathering and supporting one another at a time of loss is very important. Together with families, we will abide by the Province of Manitoba’s restrictions on public indoor gathering.
As of Tuesday, March 1, 2022 the Government of Manitoba has lifted the restrictions on gathering sizes for funerals. Masks are now optional, unless requested by the family.
We still ask those at risk or those not feeling well to stay home and we encourage the community to reach out to each family via their Tribute Page on cropo.com. If you are attending a service, please follow the Public Health Agency of Canada regulations below.
We encourage you to follow the PHAC recommendations to take the usual steps to help prevent the spread of illness:
Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
· Cover your coughs and sneezes with your arm or inner elbow
· Avoid close contact with sick people
· Stay home when you are sick or not feeling well
In addition to communicating best health and safety practices to our staff and guests, Cropo has implemented enhanced cleaning throughout our locations:
· Staff have been reminded of and encouraged to use good hand hygiene and cough etiquette habits
· Heightened daily disinfection practices for high-touch surfaces
For more information and updates visit: https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/index.html